After having moved the forums over to VBulletin a couple of weeks ago, its now the turn of the main site to get a face lift. The Homepage has been redesigned in a more effective structure. After the top menu you have a couple of calls to action, downloading the latest stable version of Fabrik and subscribing. The next five columns aim to give new visitors a better understanding of what Fabrik can do, along with links through to a entirely new features section.
Finally at the bottom there are a series of 'shortcut' links that frequent visitors will find useful, including links to the latest forum posts and blog posts. Speaking of the blog, we are now using joomlify's Mojo Blog, which is based on Wordpress, please subscribe to keep up to date with the latest Fabrik news. We have also released two new versions of Fabrik: Fabrik 18.104.22.168 Released Download Fabrik 22.214.171.124 This minor update fixes several small issues, especially those regarding errors that some people encountered with the new blowfish encryption issues. Additionally:
- Collected checkbox, radio button and drop down data are now no longer separated with a comma, allowing these elements to contain commas in their values
- The file upload element can now resize the main image as well as the thumbnail image
- The file upload element will now playback swf, mov, and mp4 files when viewed in the form/detailed view
Fabrik 2.0 beta Released Donwload Fabrik 2.0b Finally we feel confident about releasing a beta of Fabrik 2. This release has been over a year in the making, and is a complete rewrite of the code base making it fully native to Joomla 1.5. There are so many new features in Fabrik 2 that its hard to know where to start! Possibly the most fundamental change is that we have implemented a plug-in architecture through out Fabrik. Plug-ins can be installed from within Fabrik's administration and allows for a variety of plug-in types:
- Element plug-ins: add new element types to your forms! We are working on several neat plug-ins that will be released including a colour picker, captcha, Google map and rating elements.
- Form plug-ins: All the previous email, PHP processing and receipt options have been moved into plug-ins.
- Table plug-ins: No table plug-ins have yet to be implemented .. watch this space for further news about table plug-ins
- Visualization plug-ins: Take data from several tables and create Google Maps, charts and calendars
- Validation plug-ins: Create custom php validations of your form's data
We also have started work on 'packages' which allow you to show several tables and form on one page, and for loading and submission of data via Ajax. This part is still very much in beta, but gives a hint of what will be possible with the final Fabrik 2.0 release I would like to thank everyone who has so far helped reporting bug's especially Terp who has reported them thick and fast over the last couple of months. To make Fabrik 2 as stable as possible we need your feedback, please read this posts before posting in the Fabrik 2.0 bug report forum