1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

About print function [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Professional Support' started by nofc_fro, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

Level: Community
    I have two questions:

1. After filtering a list, I would like to print the result, adding also the company logo in the header of the sheet, is it possible?

2. I select a record and I want to print a custom text using the 'name' field of the record. Eg.: Buy this album {record name}. How can I do?

2. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

1 - don't think this is possible with the "Print" button. You could probably do it with a PDF, using a custom template.

2 - what do you mean by "print a custom text"? Are you talking about the Print button?

-- hugh

3. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

Yes, I wanted to create a PDF to print :) how can I create a PDF with customized text? Example: I have a record with the fields: ID, name, address, phone. I select this record and I want to create a PDF with the logo of my company, a text, and the address of the record. Eg. Hello, we go to you tomorrow at $address

4. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

5. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

6. troester

Did you install the Fabrik library?

7. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

Ok, I installed it! :)
    however I have this situation:
    in the list where I also added the viz map, I have this error: 404 "View not found [name, type, prefix]: googlemap, pdf, fabrikView",
    in the list where I do not have the map, a PDF is created that has only a few gray lines

8. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

I would simply like a simple print of the list with some fields (which I would like to decide), a header for the logo and a footer. I do not care to print the map or anything else.

9. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

The guide refers to version 3.1 and now we are at version 3.8. Reading the various forums there is a lot of confusion about this function. Is it possible to have an updated and simple guide? I believe it is useful to know how to generate a pdf that prints the filtered list.
    E.g.
    I have a simple list with ID, name, phone. What is the procedure for printing this list?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  10. troester

Which guide refers to 3.1?

Steps:
    Install the Fabrik library
    In list settings "Layout" set "PDF icon" = show
    Select one of the list's layouts as PDF template (for creating a custom PDF template see the links in post #4), select papersize and orientation
    Filter your list, click PDF

11. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

ok, I read your guides and I did all these steps, but the result is a white page with gray lines. I installed fabrik on different versions of joomla but the result is the same :(
    [​IMG]

PS. is there a function to print?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  12. troester

13. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

Ok thanks :)
    I made a new installation of Joomla with the fabrik library, now no error is generated, however the pdf that is generated has errors on the css because the rows are overlaid. Instead if my list has a viz map, the PDF is not generated and I have an error. However I entered the site in the link you kindly gave me.

14. troester

15. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

Thank you! What did you do exactly so I can repeat it for the other websites :)

16. troester

From the other thread
    I deleted (not really, only renamed) this file.

17. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

It's strange, although this file has been deleted/renamed, I still have the same error ^^ '
    In the "tester-list" list when I click on PDF, it gives me this error
    View attachment 17434 View attachment 17435
    Now the printing (without map) is corrected! :)

18. troester

This file was the reason for the row overlay.
    The map is an other error...

19. nofc_fro

nofc_fro Member

Ah okay, how can I solve this last error? :)
    In the PDF I would like the list without the map, while in the list I need the map.
    Is it possible to "hide" the code of the map when creating the PDF?

20. troester

In your PDF template default.php remove
    echo $this->table->intro;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.