1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice required for multi-select and list filter

Discussion in 'Professional Support' started by ontarget, Jul 23, 2018.

1. ontarget

ontarget Active Member

Level: Community
    Hi I have a form whereby users will select from a number of options
    We need to be able to filter the list based on a number of these selections e.g see all respondents who chose Limerick, Clare and Galway.
    Would data capture via a multiselect dropdown or check boxes work, or would Yes/No responses be better? e.g Clare Yes/No, Galway Yes/No Cavan Yes/No

2. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

List filtering should work with a multi-select join element to a "county" table, which is what I presume you are thinking about. Which also gives you more flexibility for any other reporting you may want to do outside of Fabrik, as it gives you a many-to-many junction table with the selections in it.

I definitely wouldn't go for a solution using individual, hard wired Yes/No elements. Use a 'county' table, and a multi-select join to it.

-- hugh

3. ontarget

ontarget Active Member

Thanks for the advice Hugh