1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

Cascading dropdown repeat group error

Discussion in 'Community' started by urbido, Sep 24, 2021.

1. urbido

urbido Member

Level: Community
    Hi, I have error when trying to add and remove repeatgroup with cascading dropdown. Lets say I have 3 rows, add 4th, remove it, add it again and then there is error (from doWatch function in cascadingdropdown.js). I found that formElements are badly removed and options.watch is also changed in unlogical way.

2. juuser

juuser Well-Known Member

Cascading dropdowns are sometimes tricky especially in repeat groups. I would switch to databasejoin element with Where statement and Ajax update which does basically the same thing.

urbido likes this.
  3. urbido

urbido Member

Thanks, that solved the problem, but now there is error when I have 3 repeat elements, their names are ...repeat_element[0], repeat_element[1] and repeat_element[2].. when I delete 3rd row (minus button), the seconds name is changed to repeat_element[0], so when I save it, the second row gets deleted (it just gets empty). Any idea?