1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

Change Form, Group List Label depending and Element?

Discussion in 'Professional Support' started by jmoises, Jul 25, 2018.

1. jmoises

jmoises Member

Level: Community
    Hello i just like some advise for best aprouch,

I have a Configuration Table, and there i have a field/element "description" my idea is to use that description to be the labe for the form or list, do you guys think is posible?

thanks for any advise, maybe there is all ready a solution for this but i did not found any

2. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Nope, there isn't a built in way to do that.

You could probably do it in the form by just putting the element placeholder in the form's intro, surrounded by h2 tags, and turning off display of the actual title for the form ...

Code (Text):

<h2>{yourtable___description}</h2>

But for list view ... how do you know which row you want to use that field from for the title of the list?

-- hugh

jmoises likes this.
  3. jmoises

jmoises Member

ok thansk for the info, and yes i need to be able to change the title to list/form, let me thing on other aprouch!