1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

Form Log Plugin question (Solved)

Discussion in 'Professional Support' started by jmoises, Jul 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmoises

jmoises Member

Level: Community
    Hello, i just found out about this great plugin, i start testing, work great without the template custome message, but if i set a template i get this error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1

this is the template i am using:

Code (Text):
    User {$my->username} {Add/Edit} a record entitled {sy2j8_hot_empresa___nombre}, on {DATE}. His IP is {$_SERVER->REMOTE_ADDR}
    View attachment 17410

Thanks for any help

2. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

Puh, I just tried, it's pretty complicated

If you are setting a table suffix you are creating a new log table.
    If you don't have a template message this log table has a fixed structure, so all is ok.

IF you have a template message Fabrik is expecting also the table structure in this message
    http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/logs-form-plugin/
    http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/doc-logs-plugin.12308/

So set a new suffix (to force a new table with the new structure) and change your message to e.g.
    ++message==varchar++ "User {$my->username} {Add/Edit} a record entitled {sy2j8_hot_empresa___nombre}, on {DATE}. His IP is {$_SERVER->REMOTE_ADDR}"

jmoises likes this.
  3. jmoises

jmoises Member

Great Thanks, did you not get the error?

4. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

Without defining a table column (++message==varchar++ ) and the quotes "xyz" around the text I got the error, too.

jmoises likes this.
  5. jmoises

jmoises Member

Thank you so much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.