1. NOTICE: If you are using Fabrik and update to Joomla 3.10, you will need to update to Fabrik 3.10. And, if you are using Fabrik, do not upgrade to Joomla 4, we do not have a supported version ready for release. More information on a release date coming soon. Also, please note that Fabrik 3.10 will not install on any Joomla sites less than 3.8.
    Dismiss Notice

Google Maps Element

Discussion in 'Community' started by grossr, Sep 24, 2021.

1. grossr

grossr New Member

Level: Community
    Is there a MooTools version issue? Is that something I could update? (Need to buy a Java for dummies book) :)

2. grossr

grossr New Member

I don't think it's template based, switched to ProStar and receiving the same issues.

3. lousyfool

lousyfool Active Member

Well, with Protostar you don't have the warning about
    Code (Text):
    https://fishnsgb.com/templates/etfishing/css/bootstrap.min.css.map
    anymore, of course. That's clearly a template thing (only look at the URL), but as said before, not affecting the map anyway.

As for Mootools, nope, you don't want to simply "update something". (BTW, it's Javascript. That and Java are two very different things. ;))
    Anyway, google the Array.from() error, and you'll find plenty of pointers to the mentioned incompatibility, even in the J! issue tracker.

But... do you really need the satellite view? Street view is working fine...

4. grossr

grossr New Member

It's for mapping fish caught in the bay/river. With satelite, it's easier to find where you were with your boat..., i.e., by the clump of tree's, etc.

5. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

You say it was working before with satellite and stopped suddenly?

On my test site satellite is working in details view if "Use static map" is set to static

6. grossr

grossr New Member

So it's a fabrik thing. Do you think installing an older version would help?

7. troester

No, I can see the same with Fabrik3.9.2 /php7.3
    If it WAS working before (I don't know, I didn't use satellite) Google may have changed something recently (e.g. not longer accepting some v2 access or so).

8. grossr

grossr New Member

That would explain why it mysteriously stopped working...

9. grossr

grossr New Member

troester likes this.
  10. troester

media\com_fabrik\js\fabrik.js around line 238 (minified version in dist/fabrik.js; with Fabrik debug=debug JS it's loading the normal one)

I just tested and it's working!!

v=quarterly is ok, too.
    So
    3.45 (=3.45.8b = quarterly) is running
    3.46 (3.46.6 = weekly = default) is not

But I don't know if this is a backward compatibility issue with Fabrik or a bug in Google.
    Time until mid november to observe...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  11. grossr

grossr New Member

So minimal ver from dist/fabrik.js should look like this:
    return this.eventResults=[],i&&i[e]&&(t=Array.mfrom(t),i[e].each(function(e){o?this.eventResults.push(e.delay(o,this,t)):this.eventResults.push(e.apply(this,t))},this)),this},u.requestQueue=new t,u.cbQueue={google:[]},u.loadGoogleMap=function(e,t,o){var i=("https:"===document.location.protocol?"https:":"http:")+"//maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?v=3.45&js?libraries=places,visualization&callback=Fabrik.mapCb"

And regular version from media\com_fabrik\js\fabrik.js should look like:
    var src = prefix + '//maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?v=3.45&js?libraries=places,visualization&callback=Fabrik.mapCb';

If so, which it's probably not, because I no nothing of coding, it's not working...

12. grossr

grossr New Member

Turned on Fabrik debug and voila, success. Vielen, vielen dank troester..

13. troester

If this is really your minified code then there's some js? to much

14. lcollong

lcollong FabriKant d'applications web

Hi,

I had the same problem. I've patched the js files and it works now. But it does not look like a solid solution. Shouldn't we add a parameter to choose the version in the general fabrik options near the API key ?

15. troester

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  16. lcollong

lcollong FabriKant d'applications web

Indeed. I've dig also this way trying to alter mootools.core.js without any success...
    Mootools is no longer used by Joomla. Do you know if Fabrik plans to leave this framework too ?...